How to order a repeat prescription
You are able to order your repeat prescription in a number of ways. If you would like to order via our online system you will only be able to order your repeat medications this way. If you have not used this option before, then you will have to register to do so by attending the Practice with photo ID.
The repeat prescription service is offered to allow patients to obtain on-going medication without further consultation with the Doctor, a time saving factor for all parties concerned. With this in mind repeat prescriptions will not be issued by the doctor during routine or emergency consultations.
Repeat prescription requests can be made in the following ways:
- In person or by post: using your prescription counter foil whenever possible
- Via the NHS App
- Using Patient Access
- By completing our secure online form
- Via EPS (Electronic Prescription Service): prescriptions can be sent electronically to a pharmacy of your choice. Please ask your pharmacist or a member of our Reception team for more information.
To avoid dangerous errors, we regret that prescription requests cannot be accepted by telephone unless you are housebound and cannot attend the surgery. If you are housebound you may telephone the practice after 11.00am to request a repeat prescription.
Collecting Your Repeat Prescription
We will post your prescription to you if you provide a stamped-addressed-envelope or patients can make arrangements with local chemists to request / collect prescriptions on their behalf. Prescriptions are usually ready for collection after 48 working hours. However, if you request non-repeat items your prescription could be delayed. Please also allow additional time for chemist and postal requests.
The local chemists providing this service are:
- Benjamins (Chingford Mount Road) - 020 8529 8263
- Boots (Old Church Road) - 020 529 2299
- Boots (Station Road) - 020 8529 2628
- Hatch Pharmacy (Hatch Lane) - 020 8529 0696
- Kings Head Pharmacy (Sewardstone Close) - 020 529 1077
- Lloyds (Station Road) - 020 8529 1035
- Well Chingford (Chingford Mount Road) - 020 529 1351
Please note: When requesting the contraceptive pill or HRT Tablets you may be asked to make an appointment with one the practice nurses prior to us issuing a repeat prescription.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a Doctor, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Pharmacist or Practice Nurse at least once a year to review their regular medications. Notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.